Wednesday, May 13, 2009
The Perfect Manicure
Don't look at my dirty ring! LOOK at those NAILS!!
I'm one of those people who's nails didn't used to look this nice, but now that's a thing of the past because I take care of my nails better! Of course I have a few select products that help me out quite a bit too!
The Perfect Manicure:
1. Remove all old nail polish from nails.
2. Put on cuticle cream. I use very little, just enough to moisturize my cuticles, not the whole finger.
3. File nails in a nice and flattering shape, not too pointy.
4. Buff edge of nails to take off the sharpness from the filing.
5. Wash hands with nail brush and dry with a towel.
5. Moisturize nails with a heavy hand cream.
6. Using rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad, rub lotion off nails well. Any leftover lotion will prevent polish from adhering.
7. Paint on my FAVORITE base/top coat, Hydration Therapy II.
8. Layer the base with two thin coats of your favorite polish.
9. Top again with Hydration Therapy II.
10. Place nails under dryer for at least 3 minutes...and then don't touch anything else still!
Repeat as soon as polish begins to chip.