- 1 Eggplant
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 big hunk of mozzarella cheese (fresh is best but any can work), shredded.
- 3 sprigs of fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2-3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- oil for sauteing
- salt and pepper for taste
2. Get two bowls and fill one with flour, salt, and pepper; the other with egg and Parmesan cheese.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat up saute pan with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then in egg mixture, and saute until golden, transfer to plate. Continue until all slices are done.
5. Spread pasta sauce in a greased casserole dish. Layer sauteed eggplant, mozzarella cheese, minced basil, and sauce until completed. Finish with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly.