1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c chicken broth
1 c broccoli (I used frozen)
1 c skim milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 in. slices of Velveeta from the big brick
2/3 c reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- Heat up olive oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until translucent. About 3 minutes.
- Toss in broccoli and cook together for another couple minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the shredded cheese and cream cheese. Allow Velveeta to melt.
- Toss in shredded and cream cheeses. Stir until smooth.
- I have a stick or immersion blender I love to use for soups so I used it here. If you like big broccoli chunks in your soup, omit this step. I think I might have overdone it a bit though.
Spoon into a bowl and serve with yummy cheddar biscuits!