Friday, July 31, 2009

Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

Ever since I had blueberry pancakes last weekend, I've been craving more. I'm an easy cooking kind of girl so I searched cooks.com and found a decent recipe and made a few changes. I think they came out pretty good!
  • 3/4 cup wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup regular flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat griddle to 350°. Mix all ingredients, except blueberries together,until incorporated. Pour batter on griddle until desired pancake size is achieved. Sprinkle pancake with blueberries. Cook until bubbles in pancakes arise. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden on other side. Serve immediately with butter and REAL maple syrup. (Not that corn syrup crap that is colored and flavored to be maple.)

4 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Yum! I make those all the darn time!

squawmama said...

OH Risa these look so yummy... I only make wheat or buckwheat pancakes... Love them and now I am hungry for Blueberry Wheat Pancakes... Thanks for the recipe

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Millie said...

I'm hungry for some now they look so good.

bj said...

Oh, Risa...I love blueberry pancakes and waffles..I LOVE BLUEBERRIES..almost more than I do Mr. Sweet !! shhhhh, don't ya dare tell him I said that...!!) lol