Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes


The fall and holiday seasons really get me in the mood for home baked goods and cooking (don't ask why)! The crisp air and and comfy hoodie just get me motivated.

One thing I really like doing this time of year is bring in treats for my co-workers. I work mainly with men so it's pretty easy to please them and they're always wanting more. Since I just LOVE cheesecake I decided on making a pumpkin cheesecake. The problem is that cheesecake isn't grab and go food like a cookie, so that's where the "mini" came in. I was hesitant to try this recipe and adapt it to individual size because in the past I've had bad luck with mini cheesecakes. Usually they sink in the middle and don't look very cute, but I really lucked out on this one.

Adapted from: Gulf Coast Gram (who got the recipe from Paula Deen, I invented the mini)

Ingredients
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:
1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick melted butter

In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press into large cupcake pan compartments that have been sprayed with Pam. Set aside.


Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese at room temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (not the pie filling)
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
(I just used 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar, and the spice. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined. Pour into crust and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (depending on your cupcake pan and oven). Remove from oven when slight cracks develop and let sit for 15 minutes. Slide a knife around the edges and remove from pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH YUMMMMMMMM!! Pumpkin cheesecake is my FAVORITE and these look absolutely FANTASTIC!

Risa said...

You are the fastest commenter ever! I just posted this girl. Thanks for visiting.

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryanna said...

These look delicious. I'm going to have to make these this fall.

Trish said...

Oh, I can't wait to try these!!!! I noticed you on my follow list, and came to say "hi." I just love all of your foodie ideas and had to follow you right back! Love that you are a PHX native, like me! :)

Cindy said...

Those look so good! I may have to try that. I love pumpkin cheesecake!

Regarding your comment on my blog. I think that rosemary rub would be really good on chicken!

Risa said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I just love posting new recipes and fun things to help others!