Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cleaning out the Purse


Ladies, it's that time to clean out your purses again. Time to get rid of all that scratch paper of Christmas lists and addresses of parties to attend. Plus it's a great time to get out a new style of purse for the New Year. I've been using my LV for too long (since my mom gave it to me in September). I'm going back to a long time favorite...my Kate Spade.

First things first:
1. Take everything out of your purse.
2. Start the sorting process (take out all 5 lip glosses, you know you only use two of them everyday anyway). Sort things into three piles: things to put in your new purse, things to throw away, and things to put back in their place somewhere in the home (i.e. unused lip glosses go in with the rest of your makeup).
3. Think of how you'd like to organize your purse. My mom got me this great purse organizer as a gift a few year back. It's a great help on prioritizing what's a keeper and what's not. Unfortunately it doesn't work in all purses because of it's size. I believe it's called Purse Brite. So I place everything I need in the organizer, place it in my new purse and put my big items like my wallet in the middle.

3 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I have seen those purse organizers on QVC or HSN. I not sure which one. I would love to know how you like it. Hugs, Terrie

Millie said...

I think I'll change purses and clean it up!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! I SOOOO need to do this today. THanks for the motivation.