Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Banana Berry Smoothie


Finally it's "normal" temperatures here in Nebraska in February. Well normal for me is 50's + since I'm from AZ, but this 'heat wave' isn't normal for the Midwest. In the Southwest, it's springtime by now and we're sporting summer attire. I still haven't adjusted to that type of season yet here. I made a smoothie before work this week on one of the warmest days ever that was very tasty. I can't drink smoothies in the winter and have been dying for one so I jumped at the chance.

This drink is a healthy alternative to store/restaurant smoothies since I'm controlling the ingredients. It's wholesome and yummy and hits the spot on a sunny spring day!

1/2 banana
5 small fresh strawberries
10 fresh blueberries
1/4 cup crushed ice
2 Tbsp fat free plain yogurt (I just used the grocery store generic)
Tbsp flax seed
Tbsp wheat germ
serving of vanilla protein shake mix
8 oz of skim milk


Mix all ingredients with blender and enjoy!

2 comments:

LyndsAU said...

I will def be trying this recipe soon :) thanks for sharing!

Millie said...

Now that's a good smoothie. I'll be trying that soon.